The Project Manager primary responsibility is to manage delivery of IT projects and ensuring timely, successful delivery of IT solution to project stakeholders/users. Project Manager is responsible for producing and tracking the project schedule, communicating status to all levels of management and acting as a single point of contact for the project, assuming responsibility for deliverables through the full lifecycle of the project including post production warranty support and handover to operations. The Project Manager will partner with other areas of organization to understand dependencies and any potential impacts to the project timeline.
1. Collaborate with the internal and external customers/stakeholders to define scope of project, deliver on project goals, manage expectations and ensure business deliverables are met.
2. Manages timeline, scope, cost and resources assigned and for large technical projects of high complexity from inception to implementation.
3. Manages projects and resources within and outside of the department to accomplish tasks such as conducting ad-hoc meetings and persuading clients to complete required task in order to complete project.
4. Plans, manages, oversees and controls multiple project teams ensuring that objectives are met.
5. Interfaces with personnel internal and external to department to support and implement production systems or business solutions.
6. Facilitates complex technical or business analysis processes such as resolving complex system problems or business system procedures in order to maintain efficient operations.
7. Prepares cost benefit analysis summaries of new or enhanced changes for assigned projects in order to cost justify changes.
1. Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, business administration, specialized computer systems training, or equivalent.
2. 8-10 years’ experience in IT with minimum 2-3 years of demonstrated Project Management experience
3. Experience working with multi shore teams
4. Ability to analyzes business needs and determines appropriate data, system design, and processes to deliver relevant Analytical/BI solutions.
5. Ability to understand large scale data warehouse/analytics environment and play an active role in creating robust, sustainable data warehouse architecture that supports requirements and provides for expansion given budgetary constraints and availability of data and skilled resources
6. Exposure to Big data technologies, Hadoop, HDFS, PIG and related eco system
7. Ability to understand large scale data warehouse/analytics environment and play an active role in designing/implementing complex ETL processes that extract data from multiple sources.
8. Ability to understand large scale data warehouse/analytics environment and play an active role in building robust technical architecture taking operational designs take stability, maintainability, and reliability into account.
9. Should have strong analytical mind.
10. Excellent management skills including managing technical resources, raising and resolving issues and risks, managing timelines, interfacing with project managers, offshore teams etc.
11. Excellent written and communication skills and ability to interface with both IT and business staff.
12. Strong understanding of System Development Lifecycle methodology (SDLC) both in agile and waterfall delivery environments’
13. Ability to conduct user workshops, define requirements, and design workflow processes
14. Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Experience with and presenting to senior management and all levels of the organization.
15. Must be able to multi-task, adapt quickly and take on additional responsibilities when needed in a very fast-paced environment
16. Successful people manager in handling 8-15 sized project team. Aptitude in mentoring and coaching more junior personnel
17. Strong time management skills and prioritization abilities
18. Expert skill level in Excel, Word, MS Project and PowerPoint
19. PMP or other Project Management certification preferred