Teradata Offload (Banking)
Leading American bank holding
Our Client is a leading American bank holding company specializing in credit cards, home loans, auto loans, banking and savings products.
The client wanted increased agility, lower cost and faster decision empowering better analytical capabilities.
Datametica helped the client to offload their Teradata and as part of this engagement, Datametica began with an assessment using an accelerator for automated workload analysis called Eagle. The result of this analysis helps in building consensus with Stakeholders and Decision Makers to design the Complete Migration Strategy.
A high-level approach in this case involves:
- Migration Strategy Planning
- Migration of Storage Layer
- Migration of Processing Layer with required Optimizations
- Migration of Analytics/Access Layer
- Continuous Data Validation through direct comparison of the workloads data between both Teradata and Hadoop clusters
Accelerated Delivery leveraging experience and best practices reducing the time to market by 40%.
Seamless User Migration through well-defined Collaboration
Leveraged Datametica’s tools to minimize person dependency
Data quality checks
Continuous data quality checks to avoid last minute surprises
An automated plan based on the output reports doing various types of drill down